Sunday, June 28, 2009

Path of Peace


There is a painting tiled "Path of Peace" by Jon McNaughton that Robb bought for me last night. It has a bridge in the fore front and in the background there is a mom or older sister walking with a younger little girl. The painting has a huge significance for Robb and I because of the bridge. Today I looked up Jon's comments and was even more enlightened. He believes everyone of us has a guardian angle to help guide us and that we must have the faith to cross the bridge that will lead us to the peace we are looking for. He asks "The question is, are we listening?" I love that! Robb and I also have a wood sign that he made years ago that says "Ask". I have always believed God answers prayers. He knows the intents of my heart and often is just waiting for me to ask for what I need (or even think I need). God knows me, he knows me personally. I have seen him in my life and felt his presence. Some times the question is "are you asking?" and other times it is "are you listening?"
I would love to hear your insight or comments...fell free to let me know what you think or if you have seen this painting.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen this painting, but it is beautiful. I love to see paintings that show family together and loving each other. This painting has that inspirational quality of peace and love that we can get by being together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen it either. It is quite lovely. Sometimes the path Our Father has planned for us is not always the one we are willing to follow. True peace comes when I am willing to follow the path less taken which makes time for the children and I to stay home more and be less a part of the world. The years are just going by so quickly sometimes we can slow time down by just being and existing rather than be torn between so many things to do.

    ReplyDelete