Sunday, May 17, 2009

Love Triangle!











I had the fun experience of going to the zoo with Abby's Kindergarten class on Friday. I took Kamree and Lorrin too. Apparently Abby got to pick who would be in her group and to my surprise (but not to her teachers) she picked Carter. They started the day holding hands and sharing lunches. It was after lunch that my eyes were open to a situation that I am sure will not be the first! I took them to the park area and Abby went to play on the Monkey bars. Kamree and Carter headed to the swings. Well after about 10 minutes, as we headed out, I looked over to see Kamree and Carter holding hands! It took Abby a few minutes to notice what was going on, but as soon as she did she marched over to Carter, grabbed his handed and pulled him away. Kamree got upset and almost started to cry. Carter went to grab her hand again but when Abby noticed she reached out her hand. I had to finally intervene and let Kamree AND Abby hold hands with Carter. The whole experience made me laugh and I momentarily had this vision of my girls in their teenage years.... (did we fight over boys???) What fun the future holds!

3 comments:

  1. This is too funny! The things they start early.

    I don't think we fought over any boys but I dated a LOT of them after you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has already started...Good luck to you both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember a couple of times little things happend over the same guys. But I don't remember it starting at that age. Aubrey had a boy send her a note today saying he loved her, and my dear sensitive daughter told me in the hall and exclaimed really loudly. "I feel bad Mom, but I don't really like him." Tact will be our next lesson.

    ReplyDelete