Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ramblings

What a busy few weeks we have had. Week before last we had the "triplet affect" at our house. The van had a broken sway bar link, the computer crashed (had to send it in), and the washer stopped agitating! Why things always happen in three's is beyond me. We got the van fixed. The computer came back on Friday, and the washer is still sitting there as we decided what we want to do. (It still works, just not so well!)
We did have something fun happen though...There was an ad in the newspaper a few weeks ago for some items up for auction at greengello.com. Our mechanic told us a while back about it, he had won a bid on lasik eye surgery for 1/2 the price of retail. We looked through things and saw that there was a store selling 2 (new) 2-pant suit (with alterations), 10 white shirts, 12 pairs of gold toe socks, 5 ties, and 2 pairs of shoes. We bid $350 and won the bid. This was a highlight for Robb (since he wears a suit every day and has not had a new suit in YEARS!) We are excited to go pick out his new attire before school starts this next year!

Also, school is out. I am actually excited. Last summer I had the kids on a schedule of doing some reading, workbooks, and activities each morning. It worked great and gave us a lot of time to play and do projects. This summer I am planning on doing the same thing. We will also go to the library once a week and the free movie at Spanish Fork theater every week.

Ok, well that is enough rambling. Have a good week. And if anyone wants to get together at the park sometime this summer let me know. I want to take my kids to the park about once a week...would love the company!

1 comment:

  1. Starr, I would love to meet up this summer! I need your #! email me with it!

    ReplyDelete