Sunday, November 8, 2009

Three jars!

I just have to add one more post today! Amidst everything else, I am done Christmas shopping! I sat in peace last night and even wrapped most of the gifts that have been hiding in closets.
I also have one last idea, a new tradition we are starting on Monday.
I found three different jars at the dollar store and Robb has taken the time to paint them to look like old jars and pots. For Family Home Evening we are going to talk about the three wise men and the gifts they brought to the savior. We will talk about how they saw the star and how it took them months to find the Lord.
We will talk about the kind of gifts we give this holiday. One jar will be for the gifts the children give each other (they draw names and have to MAKE a gift for another sister.) The second jar will be for a gift they can give to Christ, (something they could do better at, or stop doing :) ). The Third jar will be for something they can give to someone else, (outside of the family, maybe someone they do not know). We are doing this lesson early so that my children, like the wise men, will have time to prepare and time to arrive! I believe this is part of an answer to a pray, I have prayed to many times lately, that my children can think outside of themselves, and the love in our home can increase!

1 comment: