Sunday, November 8, 2009

More lessons

Robb called me the other day from worked and asked if I could recall a story where the Lord asked someone to do something for them self, something he, the Lord, could have done but didn't. The story of the Leper who was asked to dip himself 10 times came to my head. Since then, that story has had a profound effect on me. As Christmas gets closer I have had a lot of people call and ask for help with different projects. I have been trying to finish up some of my own projects, on top of that I have been having a particularly difficult week (OK month) with children who have been calling names and fighting. We have also been sick with "swine flu" and just as it has ended we have started (and I am praying ended) with "pink eye". I am not complaining I am just saying that I suddenly am feeling overwhelmed. My desire to help has fallen short and I wonder how to get back on track with other things in my life. Well, like I said this story has had a profound effect on my. There are times the Lord ask us to do the work our selves. There are times that in doing that work we learn the lessons we need and can only learn in that way. These are often the times we question, "Ten times?" and we forget the simplicity of the answer that comes to that question. Read my scriptures daily. Take a few minutes with a child. Slow down... You know what your own solutions are.
I was also reminded that we do not always have to do it all either. We can asks others to do what we could do...but what they could also do for themselves. This principle has helped me so much this week. In the times where I can't, they can!
I will add one more principle to to this lesson. Robb, last night, reminded me that Peter was a great fishermen, he spent his days mending and cleaning his nets. Then, on his last day, the Lord has Peter come. The Lord washes Peter's feet! The Lord does this work, not Peter. Surely Peter knew how to washes his feet. Robb reminded me that there are times we will and should do the work for others...but it is in those moments we should take the opportunity to do so much more...When we give selflessly, when we feel like that is what the Lord needs us to do, we can be the hands to do and teach so much more than the simple act of service!
I am grateful for life's lessons. I am grateful the Lord is aware of me, especially in my moments of disappear. He is there for you too.
I do not know who reads my blog, mostly it is family. Sometimes I hesitate to share the things that affect my soul the most but I have decided that these are the experience that make me who I really am and I pray others have similar experiences, customized to them, so that they might know they are not forgotten.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I missed your Sunday School lesson today! I so look forward to them each week. Thank you for sharing your wonderful insight.

    ReplyDelete