Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Deal

Ok, So nobody probably cares about this but me...but today I got a pretty good deal on something that I have been hunting for! My girls love Little House on the Praire. I loved it as a girl. I have been looking for the books so that Emalee could read them this year. Well if you buy the box set they are about $35 (plus shipping). I happend to see the first five novels in a "all-in-one" book at Deseret book. I went in to the store about a month ago and they told me it was on clearance for $10. I figured I would go ahead and buy it. I was thinking it would be a cheap paper back copy. I paid for it and waited. Monday, which was four weeks later, they called to tell me the book was discontinued and they were sorry but they couldn't get it and I needed to come get a refund. Last night I went in and got my money back and started my hunt for the books again. This afternoon Deseret Book called me back to say that today a "Little House" book had arrived and they would hold it for me. I went in tonight to find a very nice hard-bound collecters edition, that was going out of print. I had the first five novels in it and was fully illustrated. They rang it up for me...$4.99! I was so excited! What a deal! I was so excited, the only down fall now is that I wish I had ordered 10 to give a way as gifts! Sorry guys. I am sure this really doesn't mean anything to anyone else but for me and my house full of girls it was a great find!

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME! I love it when I find a killer deal. And who wouldn't rather have hardbacks over paperbacks? Or is that just me? I guess I'm a book snob : ) Congrats on your super find! I hope Emalee loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love these. I had only read the first two as a kid, but the kids and I are on like the sixth one. Laura has just gotten her teaching license and Almonzo is hanging around an awful lot=). We love Laura and her family.

    ReplyDelete