Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finishing up Christmas in August!

So I thought I would show off what I have been working on for Christmas for my girls this year! Last year we gave each of the girls an Adora Doll. They are beautiful and were a huge hit. (If you have never seen them it is worth checking out their website!) Anyway, a couple of months ago my friend Kasa, who sales the dolls, called to tell me that the collector's addition was being closed out...meaning that you didn't have to be a member to buy them. They had three different 8 inch dolls they were selling. I saw them and knew they would be perfect for this year. I ordered four! (I had to duplicate on doll). Also this year I knew there was something else I wanted to make my girls. A flower! Sounds weird but when I was a little girl my mom made my sister and I flower-cabbages and little dolls that went inside (they are kind of like a house for a little doll). My girls love to play with mine, the problem is that they fight over it. With these new Adora dolls I figured the flowers would be perfect. Each of the girls is getting one in a different color. Well, I had do do something with the scraps so each girls is getting a quilted purse (the purse is big enough for the doll to be carried inside and be used as a sleeping bag too) and a dress with butterfly wings (Every flower needs a butterfly). Each set of wings is different and unique.
I have been pretty excited about this project and think it turned out great so that is why I am showing it off!
Remember this is for Christmas so don't say anything to my girls! Oh and I will say one more thing, I normally do Christmas shopping early but this year I am way ahead of the game so don't think this is the norm. Normally I shoot for October! (Of course I have a few things to still get and finish up.)










This is Emalee's doll she got last year with the new one she will get this year. I think the girls will love the possibilities of play that will come from these mini dolls.
Can I just say this gets me really excited for Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Those turned out so cute! Makes me wish my girls were little still. I am so amazed at your sewing skills. It is great to see you pass down your talents to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cute!!!!!!!!!! I want your pattern I am going to make one for Maddie I just hope I can sew it as well as you did, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute! I used one of those fabrics for an Easter Basket. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so ahead of the game! Your so tallented! BTW love your blog. I put you on my list. Hope thats okay.

    ReplyDelete