Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Kamree's 5th Birthday






Kamree announced "I have been waiting my whole life for THIS birthday!" Oh, to be five again and be so excited about life.
The best part of her birthday was how thoughtful Abby was. Kamree had been asking for a Singing Barbie. Because we have over 40 barbies in our house Robb and I did not get her one. The morning of her birthday I watched Abby go through the Barbie drawer, then the Barbie clothes drawer. She snuck upstairs and later came down and placed a bag on the counter with all the other presents. I saved that bag for last. As Kamree opened it she looked inside to see Abby's "Island Princess" Barbie, dressed in it's original clothes. She then said "I got everything I wanted, thanks Abby for sharing your barbie with me." Abby told her "You don't even have to share, I know you wanted one."
Well, later we went birthday shopping and as we walked down the Barbie aisle, Kamree did not even look at barbies, I asked "Do you still want a new Barbie?" "Nope," she said, "I have a sister who likes to share!"
I realized that if I would have given her everything she wanted this birthday, we would have missed the opportunity for another sister to show love and kindness. I learned that holding sometimes gives others the opportunity to give. I am grateful for children who give and are content with what they are given.

2 comments:

  1. Talk about a post that makes your heart melt and perfect for just after mother's day (way to make the rest of us feel like bad parents, just teasing). I can't believe Kamree is 5. Think she'll trade me lives right now - I would love to be 5 instead of taking care of an infant, I forgot how hard this part is. Keep up the great work Anderson family, if the world was all a little bit more like Abby we'd be in much better shape =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures, especially with the flowers. One thing is for sure, kids continually amaze us (their parents). So cute.

    ReplyDelete