Sunday, May 3, 2009

Admitting Defeat

I am admitting defeat. After 4 long months our diet contest is over. I dropped 30 pounds! I am very proud of my accomplishments and worked hard. I dropped 17 pounds in the first month, about 10 the second and then the rest this month. The nice thing isthat I went about two months (six weeks) maintaining, so I am confident I can keep it off! I now weigh 3 pounds less that I weighed before I had Emalee. I have not seen that weight in 9 years! I can fit into every, yes EVERY, pair of clothes in my closet!
It was hard letting my brother win! :) He totally starved himself the last week to pull out a big number but so he deserves it! He is over 45 pounds lighter.

I have also learned through this whole contest that spiritual things are tied with every temporal thing we face in this life. I wish I could tell you all the things I have learned. I know the Lord wants us to have control over our flesh. I also know the Lord values our efforts. The parable of the men that worked in the field for a penny has been opened up to me. He values our efforts in the beginning, middle and end. Although in the contest someone won, in life the lord pays equally as long as we are willing to do our part. I love that!
I hope now to stay healthy (although I have enjoyed some yummy desserts the last few days) and to remember all this experience has taught me. I am very proud of all of us and what we have accomplished.

5 comments:

  1. Way to go!! I need to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You're my motivation for after baby #5 comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't call losing 30 pounds defeat. You may not have won the money but you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Test from Marge - just trying something new. Great blog Anderson family - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete