Sunday, April 12, 2009

Is 4 am to early to get up and get your Easter Basket?



















The Easter bunny comes to our house on Saturday morning. My mom started this tradition to keep Sunday more spiritual. I think it was old to keep the chocolate off our new dresses! My kids were so excited for Easter that I was woken up at 4am by Lorrin who wanted to know if she could go downstairs. I looked at the clock and then down the hall to realize that all the girls were wide awake and up talking in their rooms. I put them back to bed but I'm not sure they slept. I am not sure what they were expecting from the glorified Easter Bunny but I think they were disappointed that Easter was nothing like Christmas. Although Robb and I bought them all BYU shirts and new flip-flops, the six candy filled eggs were all that was left to get them excited! Next year I think I will forget to tell them Easter is the next day, just so we can sleep in!

3 comments:

  1. And I thought I had it bad when my kids woke up at 6:30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny!! And yes, I definitely think you shouldn't tell them next year so you can sleep in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did better than us. Hadley woke up at 1 am, at first I thought it was cute that he was so excited, and then at every 1/2 hour until we decided to let him wake everyone up at 7.

    ReplyDelete